Church of St Lawrence
West Wycombe Hill
The Church of St Lawrence, on the summit of West Wycombe Hill, was built in the 14th century and is a dramatic local landmark. Extensively altered in 1752, the church became famous for its tower-top golden ball, added by Sir Francis Dashwood in memory of his exotic travels. Within the church are some wonderful frescos and Giovanni Borgnis' painting of The Last Supper.
More information about West Wycombe village can be found at westwycombevillage.co.uk